Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Projectile poop and no sleep

What a great combination, right?
Yesterday Sam had some very explosive poops. I had been told this would start but I was not prepared for just how far that poop could fly! While trying to change one diaper Sam and I managed to dirty four diapers, two sleepers and two blankets! The poop was everywhere. It was quite an afternoon.
Then last night Sam decided that sleeping was overrated. Well, really she just decided that sleeping in her bouncy seat or anywhere but in my arms was overrated. We would get her fed, diaper changed, almost asleep and then lay her down and she would start crying. By about 3:30am I gave up and just got up with her. We went downstairs and she slept in my arms while I watched TV. She settled down and slept great but at that point I didn't want to risk putting her down in her bed because I wanted to let Chris get a few hours of good sleep. She is only two weeks old so I know that she should not yet be on any kind of schedule, but I do feel like at this point I should have things figured out a little bit more than I do. I still don't really know her cries; is she hungry? needing a diaper change? over tired? just wanting to be held? I feel like every time she cries I just feed her because that always calms her down and puts her to sleep but that can't be a good way to handle her being fussy. How do I know if I am feeding her too much? Can you feed a two week old too much? Moms out there, any advice?
Well, hopefully today will be a better, cleaner, day.

No comments: