Monday, April 7, 2008

Cousins

I just love that Samantha is going to have cousins that are close to her in age, or practically the same age. I think this will make holidays and family visits so much fun for the kids. Next Christmas my parents will have four grandchildren "running" around (really only two of them will be moving a whole lot, but you know what I mean) and I think that is going to be awesome.

A huge benefit right now to having a sister that has already had two girls is the hand-me-downs. Not only have we gotten an infant swing, bouncy seat, exersaucer, and tons of other toys but we have also gotten boxes of baby clothes. I just love putting Sam in an outfit knowing that Bailey and/or Parker once wore that same thing. Somehow to me it connects them. So today Sam has on one such hand-me-down and it is one that I knew for sure Parker wore because there are pictures in my house of her wearing it. I went looking on the computer to see if I had any digital copies of those pictures and when I found a few something else surprised me.

I really think there is a family resemblance! It may just be the dark hair but something about the infant pictures or Parker look very similar to Samantha.

This is Sam today.

More Sam.

Here is Parker at Christmas 2006.

More Parker.

Does anyone else see a resemblance or is it just the outfit and dark hair tricking me?

No comments: