Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Avery Lee Enlund!

Full story to come later as I am too tired right now to write/type it all down but here is the abbreviated version...
Avery Lee Enlund was born last night at 10:47pm after only an hour and a half of labor. For reasons to be explained later I had a completely pain medication free delivery!! That's right NATURAL CHILD BIRTH! She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 20 inches long. She is sleeping like a champ and eating some. I am recovering great; who knew that natural child birth made the recovery process SO MUCH EASIER! Chris and I will be in the hospital with Avery until sometime tomorrow. My parents and sister drove like mad-men and actually made it here in time for the delivery and have been taking care of Sam for us today. They are all on their way up to the hospital now for the big sister introduction. I CANNOT WAIT!

So, we are all healthy, happy and doing really well. My sister of course had her camera and we will get those pictures up at some point but here are a couple just to show off the newest member of our family.



8 comments:

amber said...

She is beautiful!!! How great that your family made it in time. We are so happy for you guys. I for one can't wait to hear the whole story. Get some rest! Congrats again!!

Holly said...

Wow! Only an hour and a half of labor! Good thing you were at the hospital. :-) Avery is a super cutie pie! Congrats!!

Jen said...

AAAAAAH! Congratulations! I am so excited and she is beautiful! I can't wait to hear your birth story because it sounds exciting and awesome.

Maeve's Mom said...

Congrats! She is gorgeous. See, sometimes "no progress" means nothing when the doctor says it. Way to go on the natural childbirth too, that does make recovery so much easier! Can't wait to hear the whole story and see more pics.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy shes finally here and you didn't have to wait another week. You are woman - hear you roar!

Anonymous said...

My daughter rocked it last night, to quote her sister and I had the awesome priviledge to be a witness. Thank you Abbie and Chris for sharing those precious moments with me and Paw Paw.

pielwsp said...

Congrats Chris and Abbie, what joy when a baby is born, She is beautiful. Also congrats to Grandma and PawPaw , I know that instant love you feel is incredible. What a gift, a baby girl. Enjoy!

jod said...

i am the proudest aunt around tonight! editing photos and living those moments over and over! thanks ab and chris for letting me BE there and capture it all for you! it was truly an honor!