Thursday, April 24, 2008

news and updates

So tonight I went to a Wild Edibles lecture and hike at a local reserve. The event only lasted an hour and a half but I have to say that when I got back home I realized that I had actually missed Samantha. I missed her...after only an hour and a half! I didn't think that could be possible but it happened. I am so glad I am not a mom that has to go back to work right away, I just can't even imagine how hard that must be.
The timing of my event tonight kind of stunk and I knew that Sam was going to be hungry while I was gone. I had pumped a little today and told Chris he might have to give her a bottle for the first time while I was gone. So I was very anxious to see first how she would do with the bottle and then how she would do on the boob after having a bottle...she did great with both. Chris said the bottle went fine, since it was just him here we don't have any pictures of her taking a bottle for the first time. And I fed her tonight again and she had no problem feeding on the boob after having the bottle. Exciting stuff cause this means that some night soon we could go out for wonderful Mexican and I can "pump-and-dump"! Life changing news for us. Fajitas and guacamole here I come!

Lastly, I have news about my duck, Mabel. If you remember Mabel was building a nest in our planter box next to our front door. She is not really "my" duck, just a wild Mallard that has nested in our planter box before and came back this year. She had 12 eggs and had begun her sitting on the nest until the eggs hatched. Well now she is gone. After an incident with a stray black cat, Polly (our golden retriever), myself and Chris the duck has left the nest and been gone for five days; I don't think she is coming back or that the eggs are still okay. So sad. I wanted to kill the stupid cat that started the whole ridiculous mess and crazy chasing scene. Chris is going to deal with the eggs for me so I don't have to look at them anymore (I have no idea what he is going to do with them and I don't want to know) and clean up the nest. Just wanted to update you all on the sad news of Mabel.

Okay, those are my updates and news. Sorry no pictures this post.

No comments: