Monday, March 31, 2008

Titles are hard.

Not about Sam but...look what is in our planter box right next to our front door!

If you can't quite tell these are Mallard Duck eggs! Two years ago we had a Mallard duck, who I named Mabel, move into our planter box during the spring and lay 13 eggs. We got to watch more and more eggs appear each day until she had filled the nest, then she sat on the eggs until they hatched. We got to see and take pictures of the little ducklings and then they left. It seems that Mabel is back. I could not be more excited to watch her build her family this spring and get to see the ducklings hatch again. Yes I realize this may not be the same duck, but let me have my dream.
New Topic.
My sister asked me to write about the good, the bad and the ugly. Well, I just can't go into the ugly (my husband, brother-in-law, and father-in-law may be reading this!), but the bad I can tell you about. I love Mexican food. Last night I really wanted homemade guacamole and a giant plate of nachos, so we made dinner and I loved every bite. But apparently the doctors and nurses that said to steer clear of spicy food because it would make Sam fussy were right. We have had a very fussy little girl today. Feeding is going good and I feel really blessed that I am not struggling with that as other people in my family have, but I hate that I still have to watch what I eat so closely. I couldn't eat anything with much flavor or spice while I was pregnant because I had such bad heartburn and I still can't eat that stuff. I just can't wait for the day I can eat a huge plate of fajitas and get drunk on margaritas or a plate of honey bar-b-que wings and good cold beer! So right now that is my bad...sorry Jod, not really all that bad I guess.

Here are a few Sam pics just because I thought they were cute.
Okay, this one might not be so cute and the red eye is really bad, but I just love how she can make so many different faces already.

No comments: