Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bad Thought

Today a thought entered my mind that I wasn't expecting and didn't like...being a mom can be boring. Isn't that horrible? I feel like such a bad mom, a bad person really, for thinking that. Moms should love being moms and enjoy being moms; but today I just didn't feel that way. It's just that there are only so many things you can do with an infant. It was raining most of the day so I couldn't go for a long walk like I have been the last few days to kill some time and get out of the house. And the times when she is sleeping and will let me put her down I feel like I need to get stuff done but laundry, dishes and straightening up aren't really all that exciting either. So today I just felt bored.

But I did try some new things to pass the time. When it wasn't raining we sat outside and I talked to Samantha about the birds and ducks that we saw. She really seemed to like being outside; she was awake and not fussy!
We also got out the playmat that Jodie gave me and although Samantha is still too young to really enjoy it she stayed calm for at least a few minutes. It was funny because her hands and legs were moving a lot and she would hit the toys handing over her head totally by accident. I thought it was pretty cute and decided to video tape her a bit.




So the day is over and I made it. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice out and we can go for a walk, run errands or spend more time outside to make it a better day.

But Sam is still adorable when she sleeps!

No comments: