Monday, January 18, 2010

When did she get big?

Up until about two weeks ago Sam was my baby. My little girl. She had tiny little fingers and toes. She needed help doing everything. She ate off of small, brightly colored plates and needed me to help her with some foods. She fit perfectly in my arms (even with the big belly) and was as light as a feather to pick up and carry out of the bath tub. She wore little diapers and little clothes. She was my little girl.
Now, everything about her seems BIG to me. She is suddenly talking in sentences. Asks to use the potty (even though she has never successfully gone on the potty). Her diapers and clothes seem huge. She wants to help ME with everything. She can eat with a spoon, fork and does not like to be fed. She wants to lay in her crib while we say prayers and not cuddle in my arms (which is a good thing because I suddenly struggle to hold her for more than a few minutes!). My little girl seems to have grown up overnight. Somehow I missed it and didn't notice until Avery was born, reminding me just how small they start out. My baby is not a baby anymore.

And just to show how much of a big girl she is, tonight she and Chris are at their first swim lesson!

I am going to do everything I can to cherish the moments with Avery when she truly is a newborn and not want to rush her through these early stages. I don't want to turn around one day and have her be a big girl on me too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hold on as much as you try, our babies grow up. try to not have any regrets. just love as much as you can