Wednesday, January 27, 2010

priceless image

My favorite image right now is one that I will most likely never be able to capture on camera, it will only live in my memory which is why I want to talk about it on here.
That little post-eating, milk-comma "smile". I know Avery can't really smile yet, I hear that it is just gas or something, but I swear she is looking at me and her little face is saying "ahhh". It is the most beautiful little smile. She is so innocent, so perfect and that smile reflects everything that is precious about her right now.
I tell my sister all the time that I wish I could keep her in my pocket and pull out her picture taking abilities whenever I wanted. This is one of those times. I would give anything for her to catch that little smile in a picture so that when Avery is all grown up I can look back at that smile and remember those times that were just about her and me. Those post-eating cuddle moments where the world stands still and nothing else matters. It is those moments that seem to have faded the fastest from my memories of Sam. I know I will remember them even less this time since most of the time those special bonding moments happen while I am also reading a book, playing a game or telling Sam to stop doing something.
But I am going to try my best to remember that little smile. That perfect little "ahhh" smile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just reading about those little moments made me smile. Can't wait to get to catch a glimpse of that smile soon. Love you all.
Mom Kuhn

Anonymous said...

waiting for a real image please
grandma