Saturday, January 2, 2010

waiting = no sleeping

As a kid I never slept on nights like Christmas eve or the night before we would leave for vacation. I was just too excited and filled with anticipation that I would toss and turn not able to turn my brain off. Who am I kidding, I don't sleep on those nights as an adult either! And apparently waiting for Miss Avery means I don't sleep either! I just know she is days away from being here and the anticipation, excitement, worry and every other emotion possible has me laying awake all night. With every little movement, twinge or change in position by her my brain turns right back on and my heart jumps; "are you ready now?". I just can't wait to meet her, to know that she is healthy and to have her be HERE. To get the next part of our adventure started. But I have to wait until she is ready and that is killing me. Patience does not come easily for me.

So, its 6:15 AM let's get this day started already, I am sick of laying here wide awake!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you really should sleep, you won't sleep at all once she arrives! Paw Paw and I are equally excited to meet her and to know you are OK too!
love
mom