Monday, November 10, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

While in St. Louis the last time my mom, aunt Jojo and I (with Sam, Bailey, Parker and Grayson!) made a trip to Target and WHAT A TRIP THAT WAS TOO! You have no idea how slowly you move through Target when you have that many kids with you. Anyway, we kept finding great deals and fun stuff for the kids. I had been wanting and looking for a fun climbing/slide type thing for our playroom and, of course, the St. Louis Target had it! So mom got the castle below for Sam for a Christmas present. She is still a little bit little for it but I know that very soon she will be climbing and sliding all the time. So MERRY CHRISTMAS to Sam...a little early! But there was no way that we were going to get it back to Stevens Point if we had waited to bring it in December (my mom loves Christmas and our car is always bursting at the seams with great gifts).

Thanks Grandma and PawPaw the castle fits PERFECT in the playroom and I know that Sam will love it soon!

And...the other day we had our first snow. Now I know that this is nothing when it comes to WI snow, but I was still excited for Sam to see it and touch the snow. You can't really tell in the picture but it is snowing at the time and she kept watching the flakes fall down.
Chris even made a little snow ball for her to touch...she was not as interested as I had hoped...maybe still alittle young!!
My sister and I have been talking, dreaming and planning for Christmas for several months now. It really is my family's FAVORITE time of the year. There are so many traditions, parties, fun food and family; we just love it all, including my moms 200+ santas that she uses to decorate the house (I use to count them every year when I was little!). It gets more exciting each year as we keep adding kids (this MAY slow down at some point!); which of course adds to the presents and chaos of all those parties!
Anyway, all the present talk, the cold temperatures and recent snow is making me even more anxious for the holidays to be here!!

No comments: