Friday, November 7, 2008

mountain dew

Do you read my sister's blog? If not, you should. My sister is addicted to mountain dew and writes about it frequently on her blog (not the being addicted part, but the needing one, or hasn't had one, or had one delivered kind of stuff). She drinks so much mountain dew that she will actually call the local pizza place and order an entire pizza, that she doesn't want, just to get them to deliver her a mountain dew. May sound weird until you know that she doesn't drink mountain dew out of a can or bottle just the fountain stuff. Anyway, I have never really gotten the whole mountain dew thing (or coke or pepsi since I know plenty of people addicted to those as well)...UNTIL TODAY!
We are not soda drinkers, unless it is mixed with something else (something of the alcohol variety) we really don't drink soda. But for some reason we have a two liter bottle of mountain dew in the house. I saw it today and this morning decided it sounded good. I poured a hefty glass with lots of ice and IT WAS GOOD. But I have been the energizer bunny all day!
The amount that I have gotten done today ranks right up there with the amount of stuff my sister can get done in a day and those that read her blog know that NO ONE should be able to do that much in one day (seriously read her blog!). Don't believe me...here is the list so far:
- four louds of laundry; washed, dried, folded and put away!
- used new carpet cleaning machine (thank you Chris I LOVE IT!) to clean all of Sam's room, stairway landing, and stairs
- vacuumed areas of carpet that I had cleaned plus three other rooms
- shook out rugs
- fed Sam two meals and four bottles (I have only had one meal; too busy I guess to remember to eat breakfast!!)
- raked/blew all the garden areas of our yard
- swept the driveway (it was drizzling but the leaves in the driveway were bothering me!)
- straightened up bedroom and family room
- played and wrestled with Sam
- did dishes and cleaned up kitchen
- swept entry way floor
- did weeks worth of paperwork filing
- and of course checked email, facebook, and read several blogs!
So that is a crazy amount of stuff for me! I swear this mountain dew is like CRACK!
Stay away people stay away!

No comments: