Wednesday, November 5, 2008

my brain is on

Well it is 4:09 a.m. and my brain has turned itself on and won't be turned off. This is something that I inherited from my mother, a skill that I would not wish on my worst enemy. Once Sam had woken me up at 2:15 a.m. and kept me up for over an hour my brain began to work. I began to think about the friend that Chris and I had to say goodbye to tonight. A friend of ours was in a fatal one car accident on Halloween night. Losing someone is never easy but to lose a friend who has just begun their life under such horrible circumstances is just not fair. Chris was much closer to him than I was so this has been harder on him but tonight was not easy for anyone. He was an amazing person and after the accident as the news began to spread it was incredible to see how many people in our lives were friends with him, knew him and were connected to him in some way; frequently without us even realizing it. It has been a sad couple of days for quite a few people in Stevens Point.
So tonight, in the middle of the night, the sadness crept in. To try to suppress it and hopefully help myself get back to sleep I decided instead to think about other things. I began thinking about my future, my career, the growth of our family and even ways that I can spice up the spaghetti and meatballs that I am planning on making for dinner tonight (Wednesday night). The brain gets going and cannot be stopped. I started attempting to make decisions about my future and even at one point got so interested in what I was thinking about I actually contemplated waking Chris up to talk to him about it. Thankfully I realized how moronic that was and instead came downstairs to play on the computer for a while. Of course I turned on the TV to see that Obama had won!! Congrats to the democrats. It is a historical night in this country. But this meant that I had CNN to watch, to see who had won what seats in the House and Senate, to hear Obama's speech and listen to the commentary. This prolonged my staying awake. Now, I am fully awake and probably up for the day, which sucks!
Hopefully all of your nights are going better (or went better considering most of you will read this sometime on Wednesday or after which means your night has passed...does that make sense?).
Happy Wednesday.

No comments: