Wednesday, March 31, 2010

House Madness

Today the house madness begins! Exciting but busy and stressful. This afternoon we do a final walk through of the house before we close on the sale TOMORROW! I don't think there is anything that we could possibly see/find today at the walk through that would make us not make the purchase official tomorrow. We are so ready to make this house our new home. But as thrilled as I am about getting out of the apartment, I am equally as apprehensive about all the packing, cleaning and moving. But we will get through it. So BRING IT ON!

Other things I don't think I have mentioned on here yet....

I am embracing my wavy hair! For over 10 years now I have been using a Chi and with this second pregnancy my hair loss/breakage has been devastating. So, I am trying to not use the straightener or the blow-dryer on a regular basis. Instead I am letting my hair air dry with a little bit of product in it so that it goes "curly". I was not feeling confident about it so yesterday when Sam was getting her hair cut I made a last minute decision to cut my hair as well. It is pretty short, which I thought would make the curls bounce up a bit more. It is more curly/wavy but I am even more not sure about it as a "style" for me. I am sure I will get brave at some point and put up a picture of the new hair...but not yet!

On top of all of this moving craziness my other piece of news is that I am going BACK TO WORK! Technically I have been working two part time jobs (VERY part time) from home ever since I left my previous job in Stevens Point. BUT starting next week I will be working outside of the home once again. It is only a couple of times a month, nights and weekends, but it will be outside, around other people, TEACHING ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION! I could not be more pumped. It isn't much but it is something that is just for me to fuel my passion and my spirit. It gets my foot in the door at an amazing nature center in Madison, I will be meeting people with similar interests and getting a break from the girls a few times a month. Timing might not be perfect and it will mean that Chris and I don't see each other as much but I NEED to start finding something for me in Madison. I just wasn't cut out to be a stay at home mom and it has been too many years now without having a job that I love... so this is the first step in making that happen. I will keep you posted on how it is going.

So, if I am not around much this week and next know that it is because the house madness has taken over my life. Please pray for us that we survive yet ANOTHER move!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Definitely need to catch up on reading your blog! I am so jealous of your job!! That is so exciting! I really want to see your hair, so you better find your courage very very soon! :) Good luck with the house! Tell Chris I hope he feels better! ~Tracy

Anonymous said...

you cut it! it looked so great, can't wait to see it shorter. Bet it is really cute. Love, Mom