Sunday, August 23, 2009

sisters!

It's a GIRL! We had our first ultrasound on Thursday and found out that we are having a little girl. Sisters! I am really excited to have two little girls. I just don't think there is anything better than the bond and connection that sisters have going through life together. Of course I might be just a little biased on that point.
I was really wanting a boy because I thought having one of each would be so nice. And in a very selfish-live-vicariously-through-your-kid kind of way I really wanted a boy that would be a super star athlete, playing at a major university that I could cheer for as I watched him on TV! As if the odds of that happening JUST because I had a boy really increased all that much. So no boy...maybe women's sports will start to get more TV coverage! HA!
The little girl, on first look by the doctor, was perfect. "Everything looks great" was the statement that we got. It is so reassuring to hear that. We got to see two legs, two arms, little fingers and toes, the profile and LOTS of movement.
We are already excitedly talking about names, the nursery (which is certainly hard to imagine since we don't even know what our house will look like!) and how we are going to introduce Sam to the new baby. Thursday, seeing her and having Chris see her, really made the pregnancy so much more real.

2 comments:

Jodie Allen said...

YEAH!!! SO glad you blogged it! It's been driving me CRAZY not to blog it myself!!! :)

stephanie Randazzo said...

congrats!