Friday, December 18, 2009

No Santa Picture

Sam sometimes struggles with men. I don't know what it is but it can take her a lot longer to warm up to guys than it does to women. So I was a bit worried about how she would react to sitting on Santa's lap. I talked up Santa all day on Tuesday, we read books, looked at pictures and said Santa a lot. I thought this would help to get her excited and not be scared. We got there and she was actually excited to see him but the second we set her on his lap she started freaking out! Once she started crying Santa immediately put her down; apparently he does not hold screaming children. We tried a couple times to calm her down and get her to sit with him but she wouldn't. So they had me sit down next to Santa and have Sam on my lap. Well of course I originally had no intention of being in this picture so I looked awful, may have even been wearing sweats! So when she showed us our Santa picture that we could purchase I said absolutely not. I would have MUCH rather had the screaming one! I am so bummed that we don't have this photo this year; we may have to try again this weekend.
Sam looked way too "cute" to not get some kind of picture of her, so we made her stand outside the Santa area to get a picture.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hate to say it, but you may have to go without a Santa picture for a couple years. I got one cute one of Ella as a 4 month old on Santa's lap. The next year, I too had to be in the photo and she looks like she had been crying (which she had). Then I got one more photo where Ella was actually happy, but Lily wouldn't go near him. That was 2007. No Santa in 2008 at all. Ella nor Lily would go near the big guy at all last year. We just had to write letters to him so he would know what they wanted. We did get a photo this year--it had to be with all of us as a family. Which I'm fine with. But it took a lot of bribing and coaxing to get Lily to even sit NEXT to him ON Andrew's lap! The only reason Ella changed her mind about Santa this year is because we have a picture frame my mom gave me several years ago of me on Santa's lap framed next to Andrew on Santa's lap. My mom told Ella we were both six in the photos and maybe now that she was six maybe she would want to sit on Santa's lap too. It actually worked!

Holly said...

OH, by the way! Sam looks sooo cute in that outfit!

Anonymous said...

I would like an 8x10 for the wall please!!! Bet Jodie could photo shop santa into a pic. HA!

Kitie said...

I want to see the sweatpants picture!! Abby, you should know better by now anyway - even if your kid is fine they seem to always try and sneak the mom into the picture somehow. You must always been on guard!