Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas has come and gone

This year was very different for us. With our family spread out all over the country and even in Mexico, and me not able to travel, we were on our own for the Holiday. We had plans to make the most of it, including great food, church, drives to see Christmas lights and Christmas movies. But when your daughter comes down with the stomach flu and throws up on her daddy in the middle of Christmas eve service plans sort of get thrown out the window. Sam continued to throw up threw Christmas day and then I caught it on Saturday night.
We were thrilled to have my parents come up to see us on the 26th but I spent the whole first day of their visit in bed, unable to even keep juice down! My parents were wonderful though, helping to keep Sam busy and away from me for that whole day and then they even changed their plans to stay an extra day with us so that we could get some good family visiting time. It meant a lot to us that they adjusted their lives just to stay up here for one more day with us.
With all the sickness there wasn't much to take pictures of so unfortunately this Holiday has come and gone with very few photos.

Christmas Eve...BEFORE the throwing up in church occurred.

Christmas morning. Still sick and crabby but opening gifts anyway.

CHEESE!

Sledding with Pawpaw and Grandma while I stayed in bed.

CHEESE!

A trip to the National Mustard Museum...oh yes, Madison has a National Mustard Museum!!

And an amazing dinner out at a beautiful restaurant that actually has an underground tunnel to get from one building to another. So cool.

Now, we play the waiting game. The emergency bags are packed, plans have been made for who to contact to help out with Sam, and we think we are ready...think. So we wait to see when Avery will be ready to join us. The absolute worst case scenario I think would be for her to come tonight or early tomorrow morning!! I don't think we can count on our in town contacts to be available on New Year's Eve. I am 38 weeks along today and at my last appointment I was 2cm dilated. Could be days, could be weeks. I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was our pleasure to be with you guys, we had a great time and so far no germs have traveled with us. Loved every minute with Sam and you two big kids. Golf was fun! Sledding was great and all the good food, Fodue Bread the best, Thanks Chris for making it happen. Love you all so much

Anonymous said...

PS - as soon as laundry is finished we will pack our travel bags too, just waiting for the call.

Holly said...

So sorry to hear you guys were sick for Christmas. That's no fun! I just wanted to say I'm thinking about you guys and hope you have a speedy, healthy delivery with little Avery. All the best!! Can't wait to see photos of the new little one!