Tuesday, September 29, 2009

it should be about the mom

Today shouldn't be about me, it should be about my mom. In just a few hours I will officially be 28 years old and while I know your immediate reaction is to say "Happy Birthday Abbie" I have decided that I don't really think I deserve the acknowledgment. Let's be honest, 28 years ago today I didn't really do anything impressive. It was mom who went through the hellish torture of labor to give me life. She should be the one getting the phone calls and emails; it was really her "birth day" considering she was the one who gave birth!! Having been through labor and looking ahead to my second day of birth I know that it is a tough day for the mom and while it is probably actually difficult for the baby too, the baby doesn't remember it, THE MOM DOES!

So, Happy Birth-Day Mom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy "birthday" Abbie and Happy Birth-Day MJ!! I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!! Love ~Tracy

amber said...

Happy Birthday to you both you and your mom! Have a great day!

Holly said...

I have to say Happy Birthday to both of you as well. It's funny, I remember back to Ella's First Birthday and it was really important to me simply for the reason you state. I was remembering the day I gave birth to her. And I told a couple people that I was a little emotional about her first birthday not because she was a year older, but because I was remembering all the emotions I felt at bringing her into the world a year earlier. They sort of thought I was crazy. Anyway, I just want to say, I totally get what you're saying! :-) Hope you and your mom have a great day!!

Jen said...

Happy birthday! I completely understand what you're saying. It's a day of congratulations for your mom, and of recognition and acknowledgment and thanks for you, for another year of being you!