Wednesday, September 23, 2009

crunch time

Do you ever have times in your life when it seems like everything is ending, happening or coming together all at once? It is that time for me right now. The only thing that is not stressing me out right now is the pregnancy and I think it is just because I simply don't have time to think about all the normal pregnancy worries.
I just don't think I have had more things to worry about all at one time in all my life and needless to say it is causing MANY sleepless nights. So, what am I worrying about you ask?
Job #1 - I have been replaced and have to train my replacement starting October 5th. On October 21st there will be close to 200 environmental educators gathering together for a conference that I have been putting together for well over a year. I won't "officially" be working for the organization at that time but I can't just hand over this conference that has been my baby for so long, so I will still be working the conference. Needless to say there is a lot of planning and preparing that goes into a successful four day professional development conference.
Job #2 - The research committee that I work for is doing three professional conference presentations this Fall. I am leading one of them and unfortunately cannot afford to attend the other two that are at the national conference in Portland. But I am still working on the poster and presentations for all of them. I have to have those completed and ready to go in a week and a half.
Apartment - Chris has been apartment shopping and we have both decided that the sooner we can get into one the better, no matter how bad the timing is with my work and his work. So sometime in the next couple of weeks we will be moving at least the bear minimum of our beds and clothes to an apartment in Madison.
Staging our House - How in the world do you stage a house that will have some furniture in it, but not all the essential furniture (LIKE BEDS!)?
Open House - Not this Saturday but October 3rd we are having yet another open house. Not really much for me to do for that until the day before...oh yeah, worry. Will anyone show up? Will I clean my whole house AGAIN and have no one really be interested?

Okay, so maybe that is not that big of a list, but I am feeling very overwhelmed lately. You know, that typical picture of someone juggling too many balls and eventually something has to drop. And this is what keeps me up at night.

Crunch time has hit the Enlund house this Fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a trip to STL!!! Love ya! ~Tracy