Monday, September 14, 2009

morning blues

This is how I feel this morning.

Like a little girl who has had her blanket pulled out of her hands and made disappear. I did not want Monday morning to come and I thought about it all weekend. It was the thought that was behind every other thought as we had fun this weekend, as we cleaned this weekend and as we just enjoyed time as a family. I knew it would come to an end. I don't know why but this particular Monday morning is hitting me really hard. It is 5:20 AM and normally I would have gone back to sleep after Chris left for work but this morning I just couldn't. I needed to talk to someone and blog world I knew you wouldn't mind the early morning call.


Back story on the pictures - I am not a horrible mom. I just needed to wash Sam's blankets and when I have tried to be sneaky about it before and throw them in the washer when she is not looking she has noticed them being gone later and then really freaked out that she couldn't find them. So this time I thought I would try to treat her like a big girl and let her "help" me put them in the washer so at least she could see where they were going. This failed as well.

2 comments:

Jodie Allen said...

Not to put a damper on an already crappy morning but I had to tell you that Parker STILL cries the ENTIRE time Sheep is in the washer/dryer. That's almost 2 hours. And she's almost 3.

I want to kidnap Sam for a little outing while you're here... some Aunt JoJo time is in order! And while I have your sweet girl I want you to do something RELAXING. Ok? OK? Good!

Maeve's mom said...

Poor Sam! It must be hard to let go of the blankies, even for a washing, and hard for you to do it. I was fortunate that my kids were never attached to one particular lovey, they'd go from one to another, to another. I just always made a point of watching what lovey or blankie they were in to and washing it when they lost interest. This (and Sheep's bath) sounds much harder. Here's hoping your Monday morning gets better.