Sunday, January 11, 2009

dedication or insanity...you decide!

So last week I went "running" five times!! This is me all bundled up and ready to go.
Do you see all that snow? And would you believe that it never got over 30 degrees while I was running. Three days when I went it was in the teens and I have decided that I cannot go when it is any colder than that (single digits is just TOO cold!). But I really do enjoy running and I have not done it in SO LONG. I wanted to get out, get active and start feeling better about myself.
See, when I was pregnant with Sam I heard from a lot of women that I would never get my pre-baby body back. I was convinced that I would prove them all wrong; I would work really hard, being totally motivated and get my body to look even better than it did before I was pregnant. Well, the more ice cream I ate the harder that goal became!! hahaha And then I just got lazy. The pounds were not coming off as quickly as I had hoped, or at all, and I got frustrated. I threw out (or gave to friends!) all my pants and gave up. It is not that I became happy with the way I looked, just too lazy really to do anything about it.
So, now it is just over two months until Sam turns one and once again I am trying to get motivated. I figure if I can get out and run once or twice a week, even in the bitter cold, and take a few classes at the YMCA I can maybe get back to something close to what I was before by Sam's first birthday. It is a lofty goal (13 pounds to my pre-baby weight; I gained almost 40!) but I want to try. I am also hoping that by running just a little bit in the winter it will feel even more awesome to go running in a few months when I can actually breathe while I run!!!
Chances are this was just a fluke and my running shoes will stay retired until the streets are no longer white but I am going to try! I will keep you posted...

No comments: