Monday, January 5, 2009

My resolution = BE CONTENT

I don't make New Year's resolutions every year but every time that I do they are about changing something about me, my attitude or my behavior. I have tried all the typical ones; eat less, run more, buy less, get organized, procrastinate less, save more, shower less (I went through a weird phase in college!), eat healthier, etc. They never seem to stick. This year I don't want to change anything; I just want to be content with what I have. I want to stop comparing myself to everyone around me. I want to stop thinking about what I don't have, what I want, what is missing, what isn't perfect, what I hope will happen and start feeling blessed for my life as it is, RIGHT NOW!
I have always been the jealous type and I think it is the thing that I hate the most about myself. But now I just want to be happy for other people when something great happens to them or when they acquire something nice in their life and not think "why not me?" This may be the hardest resolution I ever tackle. But I have to try. I don't want Sam to grow up envious of others; I want to teach her to appreciate what she says. I don't think I can teach her something that I don't know how to do myself (the best coaches were always the ones that coached by example!).
So this is my goal for 2009....JUST BE CONTENT!

No comments: