Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An Avery Update!

She is six months old!
Did you realize that cause it has come fast and passed me quickly. We had her six month appointment so number coming at ya...
Height -27 inches
Weight -18lbs 8oz
Head circumference -45.7 cm
This third one is where we had some issues. She is in the 91% for the first two and off the charts for her head size. I give birth to BIG headed babies. Sam is off the charts too and always had been. But in Avery's case she has started out fairly normal and seems to be growing faster in the head than the rest of her body. Apparently she had an abnormal amount of growth from our last visit to this one so they need us to come back in one month (instead of the standard three) to have her head measured again! Seriously. I don't remember the term for what they said she could have if her head continues to show large growth but it wasn't good. They aren't worried though because she doesn't have ANY of the other serious symptoms so they told me there wasn't really cause for concern at this point, they just want to be sure. Actually, they think it was human error on her previous visit that must have measured her head too small so it just made it seem like it had grown a TON this time. Who knows.
I know she is fine and healthy I am more just annoyed that I have to go back to the doctor in a month just so they can measure her head! But better to be safe than sorry I guess.

In other news...I think we are days (maybe a week) away from her being mobile! Check this out.







Up on her knees and hands already. So not ready but I think in the next week or so we are going to have to figure out how to get baby gates up in this house! Avery's world is about the get bigger and Sam's world is about to get a whole lot more complicated!!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

abby-
avery is absolutely beautiful! emma is NO where near crawling. in fact she is just starting to really sit well on her own. oh well, eventually she will crawl! anyone, avery is just gorgeous and i wanted to tell you i think she is soo pretty! can't wait to meet her in person!!

aunt jojo said...

that kid is so beautiful! and is she sitting yet? i didn't think she'd reached that milestone and now she wants to move??? HA!

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute, and I miss you all so much. I am sure by August I will be chasing her everywhere!
Love, grandma

Anonymous said...

she is sooo cute, just one question, where is her hair? love ya! ~Tracy

Traci Grabski said...

Your life is about to get a bit more hectic! :) I can't believe she is ready to crawl already, Ella is no where near that point. She has mastered rolling from back to belly in her crib, but can't get back to her back so there is a lot of crying and not enough sleeping!