Thursday, January 22, 2009

HAT!

Yesterday was a big day. Sam said her first (other than dada) word!
We were getting ready to go to Target and I was putting her in her car seat. I had my Bears baseball hat on and she kept reaching for it. I was talking to her and saying things "you want mommie's hat" and "yes that's my hat". All of a sudden like it was nothing she said "at"; there was a very small "h" sound first but mostly the -at part came out! I couldnt' believe it! And then she wouldn't stop saying it, all day we practiced and practiced so that when dada got home she would still be able and willing to say it. And she did! Aunt Jojo even got to hear it over the phone.
She is growing up fast. It is funny because now I hold up pretty much everything and call it by it's name just to see what else she might be able to say!
Her current other tricks include waving (only when SHE really wants to however), kisses (again this is rare but she can do it), clapping (which she does all the time especially when holding food), standing on her own, climbing stairs and her favorite new trick is high fiving! It is really cute when you ask her for a high five because she does it so soft still. I just love it.
Okay, back to work.

No comments: