Wednesday, January 7, 2009

winter walk

The temperature yesterday reached a balmy 28 degrees so it was warm enough to be outside for longer than a few minutes. I took this opportunity to try out the new stroller that we were given for Christmas from Grandpa and Nana.
Remember this...
So Sam and I took the stroller out during the day for a run (okay really a quick walk!!). The stroller is AWESOME! I am not in good enough shape to really use it to it's fullest but even at a slow jog I can tell how much easier it is to push than the regular stroller and how much smoother it is for Sam. She loved it too.
I got her all bundled up, covered her cheeks with vaseline and even used a stroller blanket that we got from Aunt Jojo. She was nice and toasty. See how happy she looks!
When Chris got home we went out again for a family walk. It was so nice to get out and enjoy the "warm" temperatures for one day. It is suppose to get really cold this weekend and stay that way for a while so I am glad we got out while we could. Using it made me even more excited for spring to get here so we can be out everyday.



Any dog owners out there have tips on keeping kids safe around dogs? Polly growled at Sam twice again today and I am just not sure what to do. Keep them separated all the time? Let Sam torture Polly (with supervision) and correct Polly when she misbehaves? Correct Sam?
Any advice?

No comments: