Monday, January 12, 2009

a letter to me

Dear mom,
I am sorry. I'm sorry that almost every time for the last few weeks that you pick me up from daycare I scream! I'm sorry that the second my teacher Andrea hands me over to you I start balling my eyes out. It is not that I don't love you, I just don't want to leave daycare! I don't want to leave my friends and all the great toys. Or maybe I am crying because leaving means I have to put on my stupid winter coat that is so thick I can't move my arms. I don't want to leave because then we have to go back out in the horrible cold, take the long drive home (all of maybe 10 minutes) and I have to listen to that stupid Disney music again. It is not that I don't like your singing but can we listen to something else PLEASE!
I think I scream when you pick me up because it is that time of day where I am in need of a nap but don't want to go to sleep and NOT because I would rather stay at daycare then go home with my mom. I promise on Wednesday when you come to pick me up I will try my hardest to hold back all of my immense sadness and not cry when Andrea hands me over.

Love,
Samantha Jane Enlund

No comments: