Thursday, March 25, 2010

a week already!

Where has this week gone? We've been busy!

This little lady turned TWO YEAS OLD!

It is so hard for me to believe that my first little baby is already two years old. She is my big girl now. She is smart, creative, loving, stubborn, strong and funny. She has an amazing big girl laugh and horrible big girl tantrums. She loves building towers, racing cars and being creative with stickers. She is a typical two year old.

We went down to Bloomington for a visit last weekend with Nana and Grandpa. Here are just a few of the pics from the weekend. Sam got her first set of skiis and her first doll house for her birthday. She was a little hesitant about the skiis (which I am sure she will love next winter) but LOVED the doll house. Her favorite part was the toilet that made a flushing noise!







Then my parents came up here on Sunday to help us with the house inspection that we had Monday afternoon on the house that we are trying to buy in Waunakee. Dad was a huge help in finding all the flaws/defects about the house and then giving us estimates of what it would cost to fix them. We found more than I think Chris and I were hoping but we still love the house so hopefully in the next couple of days it will be a done deal! Mom and I talked about where furniture could go, what colors to paint and how to organize things. They also brought presents for Sam for her birthday and the biggest hits were the little purse that Grandma and Pawpaw gave her and the new doll from Aunt Jojo. The purse is now filled with all her doll accessories and the new doll has joined the other dolls in sleeping with her every night (that makes five dolls in bed now!). The camera died on me, of course, so no pictures of her opening those gifts.

Thank you all for the great gifts, phone calls and birthday cards! She had a great birthday!

More to share and pictures of the house but my peace and quiet is over for now so I better go back to being mom!

No comments: