Sunday, March 14, 2010

saying goodbye

We said goodbye to our first home this weekend. We have signed the papers, packed and waved as the truck pulled out of the driveway. We officially no longer live at 3232 Clifford St. in Stevens Point, WI. Someone else calls that address home.

Since we moved to Madison I have fallen in love with this new town and thought that besides some great friends I wasn't going to miss anything else in Stevens Point. But as we packed up on Friday and signed the title over I started to get a little sad. That house was our first home. We have a lot of great memories in those rooms and in that yard. Before we left Chris and I walked around talking about the memories that we had, the things that we loved and would miss about the house, the things that we would have/could have changed about the house and the things we were excited to have newer/different in a new house. I didn't realize how hard it would be to pull out of the driveway that last time. It is weird to me that Avery never lived there and even stranger that Sam will not remember having lived there. She won't remember chasing the ducks or playing in puddles. She won't remember the snow mounds in the driveway or playing in the big bay window. I know it is just a building but it was a great home for almost six years I will miss it.
It is great news that the house has finally sold and we can move on. We are excited about plans that we are making in Madison and anxiously awaiting news on a house here. I just wasn't expecting to be as sad as I was yesterday.

No comments: