Friday, April 2, 2010

Cleaning Day One...

ended after 45 minutes.



I was so confident. The house looked pretty clean. I had toys packed and at the house already to entertain Sam. I had gotten advice on the best cleaning supplies to use and had everything ready.

But my plans today, when finally put into action, all went to SHIT!

After running the errands that I needed to do, driving to the house and getting everything ready just so that both girls were settled and I could start cleaning it was already pretty late and time to eat lunch. I got one very small room cleaned (the house may have looked really clean but of course there was a ton of dust and dirt when I started REALLY looking) and then had to stop to feed both girls. So I set up the little picnic lunch that I had packed for Sam and I. We were sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor but my fun little picnic was quickly turning into a messy nightmare! Marinara pasta was clearly not the best choice since noodles and sauce were making their way all over the kitchen. Sam just wouldn't sit still and since I was trying to feed Avery I couldn't force Sam to sit and eat. So lunch was a disaster and neither girl ate very much.

And then the crying began. Sam was mad because all I had for her to drink was water and Avery was super tired and just wanted to go to bed, which of course she couldn't cause I didn't have a bed! She wanted nothing to do with blankets on the floor or the bouncy seat that I had brought. I could not get her to stop crying. Then Sam got mad because Avery was crying; awesome!

This is when I snapped. Avery went into her car seat still screaming. All of the stuff from lunch (including a piece of silverware!) went into the trash. Sam got yelled at so fiercely she actually quickly grabbed her shoes and ran to the car. And we left. I gave up.

I was so excited to spend the whole day in the new house just cleaning and, well just being there. But it was just too hard. It is too hard to take care of two kids in a house that has NOTHING in it and try and clean that house at the same time.

There is painting to do and still a whole house to clean but it is not going to happen today. Avery and Sam are both in bed napping and I will sit on the couch, eat ice cream and watch bad day time TV. I lost the battle today and have lost my confidence. Maybe I will find it at the bottom of this pint of ice cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I just need to be there! Don't give up, go to peanut butter and jelly, chips, juice boxes. It will work. And I will be there soon.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

wish i could drop everything and come up there to help clean (or play!). hang in there - just remember it will be a home very, very soon! ~Tracy