Saturday, December 12, 2009

smarter than me ALREADY

I knew that someday my daughter's technological abilities would surpass mine. There was no doubt that this would happen and I was fully prepared for her to come home from elementary school, shoot even preschool, and know how to use some computer program that I had never even heard of. But she is not even two yet and knows more about how to use her father's IPod Touch than I do.
Chris started playing games with her on it while we were on the plane to Mexico and since then she has been addicted. Asking to play with "dada's phone" all the time. This morning as I was brushing the dog's hair I could hear the sounds of the animal matching game. Then I realized that Chris was NOT sitting with her! She was actually playing the game, and making matches, all on her own!! This seems a bit ridiculous to me. I don't even know how to turn the thing on! I am sure I could figure it out (maybe after being shown once, HA!) and could probably even learn how to do some things on there but she is not even two yet. I was just not prepared to be made to feel stupid by a child that is still learning to use a fork!

Good grief!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha, you just made me laugh out loud. too funny.Love Mom