Sunday, October 25, 2009

I can sleep

My stressful time with work is over. And now I can sleep, except that I am still pregnant so I toss and turn to get comfortable and have to pee all the time. But still my brain is not waking me up with worries about the WAEE Fall Conference.
The biggest thing that our organization does each year ended yesterday. I was the co-chair of the conference this year and ran it from an administrative perspective; it was a lot! But beside H1N1 forcing about 8 of my presenters to cancel we had a great conference. There were still plenty of amazing sessions, workshop and field trips. We had a great bluegrass band play, our auction was so much fun and from what I heard from all the participants the conference was a great successes. Clearly they did not notice all the problems that we were having with HORRIBLE costumer service from the convention center that we were at, and all the broken promises from them regarding the food. But those that know the fiery side me would be proud because when the camels back was broken by yet another straw I lost my cool and got our organization a $300 credit for all the problems and hassles! Way to go me. So, now that the conference is over my job with WAEE is officially ended and I can just relax and focus on being a pregnant mom.

This Thursday is Chris's exam, attempt 2 at exam number nine for those that are counting, and once that is past us we will both be work stress free! Friday can't get here fast enough.

Sam spent last week in St. Louis with Grandma and PawPaw. We are so grateful that they were willing to take her so that I could go to this conference and Chris could focus on studying. I don't think Sam minded either because every time I called to check in they were doing something fun or there was a new fun story for me. She loved seeing all the family and the great time that she got with her cousins, Aunt Jojo and Uncle Chris. She ended the week with a quick visit at Nana and Grandpa's so that Chris only had to drive a few hours to pick her up and not have to drive all the way to St. Louis. The drop off worked out great. We are headed back to Bloomington this coming weekend to celebrate Halloween with them and have a longer visit.

Okay, now you are all caught up on us...hope you all had a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miss you guys! tell chris good luck on his exam. hope to see you next time you are in our neck of the woods! ~Tracy