Monday, October 12, 2009

Moving Day

Well we are officially residents of Madison, WI or rather Middleton, WI.

This weekend with the amazing help of our friends (THANK YOU Brandon, Traci, Nick and Stephanie!) we were able to get all the necessary furniture and boxes of stuff loaded onto the U-Haul, driven down to our new apartment and unloaded. It was a bit strange, and scary, walking through the apartment the first time when it was empty trying to imagine living there. It is not the nicest place. But once we got it cleaned, started moving our stuff in and had checked out the neighborhood a bit I was getting more comfortable with the idea. I mean don't get me wrong living in a small two bedroom apartment is going to suck but it means that Chris and I get to live in the same place, start our new life in our new town and just move on. So, I will deal with the REALLY bad kitchen, the very outdated bathroom and no space compared to what we are use to. Chris saw a ton of apartments and this was the best one that he found that 1) took big dogs, 2) was in a good neighborhood (this was one of my requirements!), and 3) we would be able to manage while still paying our mortgage. We will make this work; we will be together so it will certainly be better in that respect than what we have been doing since July 31st.

Today, I have my last day of training my replacement at work. I had to come back to Stevens Point last night to go back to work this morning. Sam will have her last morning with Andrea, nap in the pack n' play while I get some last minute packing, cleaning and yard work done and then the three of us (Sam, Polly and I) will load into the car and head to our new home. I am scared for Sam. I am scared that she is not going to understand what is going on, her personality will change or that she will not be able to sleep in the new place. We are hoping that since so much of the apartment is already set up with stuff she will recognize that this will help make her more comfortable in the new place. I will be trying my hardest to make it fun and comfortable for her but as a mom I am still very worried.

We won't have a home phone at the apartment, just our cell phones, so if you are someone that would have called our home number you need to delete that number from your phone and add our cell numbers. Need our cell phone numbers? Email me.

Oh yeah, and did you read the Fresh Art Photography Blog yesterday? My brother-in-law was a guest blogger in honor of my sister's 30th birthday and his posts are HILARIOUS! There are also a few amusing photos of me as a kid; seriously not to be missed stuff here people. Go check it out.

1 comment:

Katie said...

OK - wtf?! I was JUST THERE! My sister lives in Waunakee but I would say that is a STONES THROW from Middleton. We could have had numerous lunches/play dates. Im so bummed!

Next time we visit you have no excuses!