Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I can see the light!

So I have had two days of training with my replacement at work and it is going really well. She is picking up all the book keeping, data entry and general office stuff really quickly. Tomorrow we tackle the more creative side of what I do, like the newsletter and I think she is excited and ready to see that part as well. With her picking things up so quickly I decided to go ahead and lay my complete "Conference To Do List" on her today. It was overwhelming even for me to talk her through but she seemed ready for it, nervous but ready for the challenge. It felt so good to talk through all the stuff that has to get done in the next two weeks and have the ability to pass most of it off to someone else! I feel my stress melting already.
Plus, Chris signed a lease on an apartment today in Madison, got a U-Haul truck rented for this weekend and sort of has a plan for how we are going to get the big stuff down to Madison. We have help lined up for Saturday in Stevens Point to load the truck we just don't have anyone in Madison on Sunday to help us unload the truck...hmmm...I don't think my doctor (or my mother!) would be very happy with me carrying couches! HA! I am sure we will figure something out. But just the thought that in the next week or so we could be living together, in one place all the time, is an incredible thought! Sure, it is a small not very nice apartment but whatever we are together.

All in all I think things are looking up. I am getting really sad to leave the friends, support and comfort of our home in Stevens Point but ready to start the next chapter of our adventure.

Speaking of our adventure....I realized I have not given you a baby update in quite sometime. I had my 26 week appointment today! 26 WEEKS! And I have lost weight...could it be stress related?! They actually asked me if they should be concerned about eating disorders! HA! Only if eating too much ice cream has become a disorder. Who knows how I have managed to lose weight but I have concluded that once we get moved I need to get back to cooking real meals and not just nibbling off of Sam's plate as I feed her. Other than the weird weight thing the baby is doing great. She is still growing, measuring bigger than my due date would suggest, has a great heart beat and is moving like crazy. All is good.

Enough for tonight! I swear some pictures really are coming soon!

1 comment:

LIFE AFTER RETIREMENT said...

Abbie,
Try Craigslist, in Madison, for moving helpers. Also maybe two men and a truck - you could hire some helpers. Good Luck.