Saturday, October 17, 2009

promised pictures

I won't go into just what life is like in our wonderful apartment right now, I just don't have the energy. But I am sure you can all imagine living in a two bedroom apartment pregnant with a large dog, an eighteen month old and nothing to do during the day but remember what life use to be like in a three bedroom house. Oh yeah, we still don't have internet.


This weekend we came back up to Stevens Point to do some work on the house and additional packing. My parents joined us and were a life saver helping us with a huge painting and wall repair project along with removing a large tree that had fallen in our yard. We have had a great visit, gotten a ton of work done and will heading back to Madison to unload all that we have packed and then explore Madison a bit tomorrow.

Prior to the big pack-up and move Sam and I did one of the things in Stevens Point that we have both come to LOVE! Feed/chase the ducks along the Wisconsin River. I know there are ducks everywhere and I am sure that we can find ducks in Madison but at least for this season we probably won't be feeding the ducks anymore. I actually remembered to bring my camera with me this time.

Step 1: I feed the ducks to get a large group close by.
Step 2: Sam waits patiently for the ducks to get brave enough to start coming out of the water to get more bread from me.
Step 3: Sam gets really excited and takes off running after any duck that dares to step foot on land!



The whole adventure thoroughly wears her out and the ducks don't seem to mind too much.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I can sympathize about the feeling with the apartment. Although I must admit, we think our 2B apt is the PERFECT size for us, so hopefully you feel/will feel the same way!

Sam is getting so big! craziness. any thoughts on new baby names?

Jen said...

The pictures and story about Sam chasing the ducks = too cute!

I am sort of imagining your apartment situation based on your description. I'm sorry! It is hard to feel chipper when the weather is cold and gloomy and you're crowded indoors.

Is your apartment on the first floor? Do you have a patio or balcony? And do you have a personal-sized trampoline? I have one (with a handle the kids can hold onto -- that's important) and I think it saved my life and theirs last winter. I'd set it up in front of the tv and put my kid who gets hyperactive when sick on it, and let him bounce his crazies out.

Good luck! I look forward to more updates from you soon.