Monday, October 5, 2009

who needs sleep

Second night in a row that my body has decided it doesn't need much sleep. Saturday night due to Sam having a rough couple of hours (tossing and turning, coughing, hiccups, etc.) I actually got up for the day at 4:00am. Tonight I simply woke up around 3:15am WIDE AWAKE! I tossed and turned for about 15 minutes but the whole tossing and turning thing is not much fun when you are trying to only sleep on your sides, keep a pillow under your belly and between your legs. I am having pretty bad neck and back problems right now and have found that the pillow offers some relief. I also knew that Chris has to wake up at 5:00am to begin his drive back to Madison and I wanted to make sure he got a good night sleep, so I got out of bed. It is currently 4:30am and I am watching Animal Planet and wondering what the hell is wrong with my body!
I hit a wall yesterday around 12:30 while we were watching the Bears game and wanted to nap but Sam was having a rough time napping herself and needed me. I got a power nap in of about 20 minutes. Is it possible that this little nap threw me off and made it so I didn't need a whole night sleep tonight? I don't think 20 minutes could do that but what do I know.
It sucks that I am not sleeping because it is going to be a CRAZY week. I start training my replacement tomorrow and have a TON of stuff to try and get wrapped up and figured out for this massive conference that I have been planning. I am terrified about having someone else take over (well kind of take over) for me right now; I just know that something is going to fall through the cracks for this conference.
So, I am sure that not sleeping, the fact that I feel like I have a cold and the pain in my back and neck are all stress related. But until this conference is over (October 24th!!) I just don't think I have any way to reduce my stress. Oh yeah, did I mention that Chris and I signed a lease for an apartment this weekend and are going to be trying to figure out how to move some of our stuff down to Madison this coming weekend? We are hoping that in a week and a half we can be all together "living" in Madison (I say "living" because we will probably still be making lots of trips back up here to move stuff, take care of the house and maybe even work on this house a bit). Nothing like adding in a move to bring down the stress level right?
Ahh, well....that's life.

No comments: