Thursday, April 23, 2009

I want to be picky!

I want to be THAT client. I want to be THAT women that goes out of her house to complain to the roofers about the damage that they have done to my flowers, gardens and yard.
We are getting a new roof this week and because of on and off rain it is taking much longer than I had expected. The pounding is driving me nuts! I swear they are jumping from one level to the other, dropping tools on the roof as loud as they can and just plain stomping around simply for the joy of driving me, the dog and my non-napping child CRAZY! We live in a tri-level which means that every floor has at least some portion of roof directly above it; I cannot go anywhere to get away from the noise! So needless to say I am just a little irritated today and then I go out to see my daffodils bent over, smashed, and my hostas that have not even really come out of the ground yet (just the VERY tips) totally destroyed. Spring is just starting to come here and one of my greatest joys is watching the green plants bring new life to my brown and dreary yard. They have taken that joy and smashed it!
I also have to say that spending money on a new roof has to be the most annoying home improvement to have to spend money on. It's not like we really get to enjoy it, or show it off, or even look at it and say "wow, that just looks really nice!". They are shingles; they were there before and will look pretty much exactly the same. I suppose next winter when we don't have water running into the kitchen and also soaking a small portion of Sam's carpet I will appreciate the new roof but right now I am just annoyed at the whole process.
When I went outside to let the dog out and let Sam walk around a bit the roofer came over and told me that they would definitely be working all day tomorrow (awesome!), depending on the weather they would probably be working on Saturday (WHAT?) and then most likely would be back on Monday (HOLY SHIT, you mean I have three more days of this?)!

I appreciate what they are doing but it would really be much better if they could do it a bit quieter.

No comments: