Tuesday, April 20, 2010

we played

Sometimes I get the very strong feeling that I am neglecting Avery. I don't feel like I ever hold her and that her life just consists of being "placed down" in one spot or another. She spends her days going from the stroller to the car seat to the bouncy seat to the bumbo...etc. Keeping up with Sam, the move and now the new house I am just running around like a crazy person all the time and she is just never in my arms.

Does this happen to other moms with the second? Is this common?

I know my sister used her sling a lot with her second and her third which is so cool because it allowed her to keep going and going but still feel connected to the baby. But I must not have the same muscles as she does because it is just impossible for me to do things like laundry, cleaning and even playing with Sam sometimes with the sling on, it just hurts by back and shoulders too much.

So today even though I wanted more than anything to be productive, hang more pictures and decorate more of the new house when Sam went down for her "nap" Avery and I just laid on the floor and played. She is starting to giggle, pay attention to toys, really hold herself up and smile the biggest smiles. I hate that I am missing out on these precious days. She is almost four months old and I am missing her infancy because of, well, LIFE!

I guess I need to slow down and play more often but I find that sometimes that is exactly the hardest thing to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

listen to yourself, that house will be there long after Avery and Sam are off to college! Trust me on this one. Love, Mom

Katie said...

I had a dream last night that you and Chris had a reality show on TLC and I was watching and Im like "this is so weird...I KNOW these people"