Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kidless for four full days

So Chris and Sam headed down to Bloomington today until Sunday. Chris has a golf event at Knox (our college) and so Sam is going to stay with Grandpa and Nana. I was suppose to be going with them but didn't realize until recently that I had double booked myself for this week/weekend and so I am home, working. I am running a children's workshop tent at the biggest energy fair in the midwest. It is going to be four very long, hard, exhausting days.
While I am kind of excited to have four days of only having myself to worry about I am also already missing my daughter and it has only been five hours. I know that late each night for the next four nights I am going to miss her a lot. And it has been crazy how the last couple of days I have been obsessing about Sam's life and making sure that Chris knows everything that there is to know, EVERYTHING! Like it would be that big of a deal if she drank pure apple juice instead of a half and half mixture of juice and water. Or that her milk in the evening she prefers to be warm, does it really matter? NO! I'm just being an over obsessed mom! I know she will be fine and will have a great time. Hopefully I can get past missing her, dig into my work and enjoy the time away at least a little bit. I'll keep you posted...

Good luck Grandpa and Nana, have fun with my little trouble maker!!

1 comment:

dannie1978 said...

Wait until that first time this weekend you get in the car by yourself and think " Oh Crap I forgot my kid" only to realize you did not, you just aren't used to being alone !!

Enjoy your time and do something nice for yourself !!!