Sunday, October 26, 2008

Missing her already

Sam has been with Grandpa and Nana for five hours and I am missing her more than I thought possible. How am I going to do this for six days? I am sure they think that I think they are morons because I was giving them the most detailed instructions about EVERYTHING related to Sam but I was just so nervous about leaving her that I couldn't stop myself. I know that she will be fine and they will have so much fun with her because even teething she is a fun and fairly easy baby. But for her first time away from me overnight this is too long! With the crazy week that Chris and I have coming up with his exam and my conference I know we didn't really have a choice and I am so thankful that they were willing to help us out, but my heart is aching tonight. Is it weird that I am not really looking forward to an uninterrupted night of sleep? I am going to probably lay awake missing the sound of her middle of the night chatter and occasional screaming (not crying screaming, just awake and needing to yell screaming; yes our child is nuts!) and I am not looking forward to missing her in the middle of the night.
So here is to hoping that this week goes fast...really fast!

No comments: