Wednesday, October 22, 2008

st. louis playtime and the reason we went

While the big girls were napping the little ones got some play time. It is so fun to see them interact and I cannot wait until they are just a little older and can really play together.


Notice what Grayson is playing with? It's Sam's foot!!


He actually got it in his mouth! Sam didn't seem to mind. Too funny.

My father was the real reason that Sam and I went to St. Louis last weekend. He has spent the last year building a church in a small town about an hour outside of St. Louis. The Episcopal diocese hired my dad's company to oversee the building of All Saint's Episcopal Church. The consecration ceremony for the church was this past weekend. There were clergy from all over the diocese and the bishop was even there to bless the church! It was a great ceremony and the church is beautiful.
We grew up with such an amazing connection to our church, very much our second home. The idea that my dad has created the place where other people might be able to have that same connection, that same comfort, is amazing.
I don't have too many pictures cause Sam was loud and not cooperating so I had to focus on her but I at least got some good ones of the outside of the church.
Dad the church is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see the next one...

*On a side note - my sister has been having a rough couple of days (sick babies, injured baby, flat tires, and not enough time in her days). If you are a blog reader PLEASE head over to her blog and send her some comment love!!

No comments: