Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sight Seeing in Seattle

Too many pictures and fun stuff to share so I thought I would break it up into a couple of posts; sight seeing around Seattle first and then wedding and family photos next.

This is not the greatest picture but it is Sam on her first plane ride amusing herself with the safety instruction card!

Here we are in downtown Seattle; Sam is not cooperating of course, she was too captivated by the view!
This is the Pike Place Market sign; I just fell in love with the sign, the flowers beneath it, and the trucks that would constantly be dropping off produce.

This is Nana pointing out the crabs and lobsters to Sam in the market. She is telling Sam that someday she will get to see those animals live underneath the water when she goes diving with her family. No I am not kidding that is really what she was saying! They are convinced to have her be a diver; those that know my fear of the ocean can imagine that I am not very excited about my daughter becoming shark food!!

We went to the market early in the morning before it got busy.

There were the most amazing colors all throughout the market. I just thought these pepper bouquets were so beautiful.

Sam just hanging out at a meal eating the fin off her whale that Aunt Lori gave her.
This is us on the Space Needle. Sam apparently decided it was time to eat when we got to the top. Post-eating HAPPY SAM at the Space Needle.

The plane we got to watch take off from up on the needle.
Okay, I know this one is fuzzy, but it totally captures the fact that she was so hyper and ready to not be held anymore! I just love this picture.
We also went to the Lock and Dam and Fish ladder. I had never seen a fish ladder before so I was super excited.
Here are the boats being loaded into the Lock.


These are the Coho Salmon working their way up the fish ladder. Such big fish.
My little tree-hugger!
Okay, to end this post I want to show my dad a video. Now it is not the best but I really wanted to capture the salmon jumping because it was like nothing I had ever seen before and knew that if I could catch them on video it would be so cool and I would HAVE to show my dad. Well, the fish did not exactly cooperate with the camera so the video is not the greatest but at least I got something. Dad - I was really wishing you were there with me to see these huge fish jumping!!





*So I am just realizing that I have now done the equivalent of sit you down and make you flip through my photo album of our "Family Trip to Seattle"!! How obnoxiously boring! hahaha
oh well...more to come tomorrow!!

No comments: