Saturday, September 27, 2008

where do the days go

I can't believe it has been since Tuesday that I was on here. The days are going by so fast right now it scares me. When I get in bed at the end of the day I find myself asking questions like; Where did today go?, What did I accomplish?, Did I tell Sam that I love her?, Did I teach her anything today?, Did I tell Chris that I love him?, Did I make sure he knows how proud of him I am?...There are so many things that I want to do, try to do, try to remember to do and need to do in a single day that I know I am missing things. But as a mom and a wife how do you know that you are doing enough? And how do you know that what you are doing is going to make sure your child is raised right; to be smart, healthy, independent, brave and kind? How do you know that what you are doing is going to protect your marriage and make sure that you are still happy and in love at the 50th anniversary? I want to be a good mom and a good wife but with the days going by so fast I know that I am missing things, I just hope that I am not missing the big stuff.

Heavy stuff for 7:30am!!

On a much lighter note...
Sam scooted this week! Now I am not making that mommy leap and saying that my child is mobile I think she was just so determined and didn't stop moving until she got what she wanted.
See she was on her tummy on a blanket in the family room and I was making a little doll that she has "dance" on the other end of the blanket. She kept reaching her arms out to get the doll and I wouldn't give it to her (I know MEAN MOM!). So she just kept rolling around, kicking her legs and stretching until she finally (quite a few minutes passed) reached out and got the doll. And since I know that I didn't move the doll and the doll didn't walk, she must have moved to the doll! I got some of her wiggling on camera...

and no she did not just pull on the blanket enough to get the doll to her!
Real scooting may be just around the corner.

Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments: