Friday, September 5, 2008

3-in-1

I have been meaning to post for a few days now but, well let's be honest with Sam sick and me not feeling 100% I have pretty much been a lazy piece of poo! So tonight I am going to do three posts...thats right three posts in one! Here goes...

Post #1
Title: The flying sock
Thursday when I got Sam up from her nap she was missing one sock. I shook out the blankets, searched the bed and could not find it. I assumed that somehow it must have gotten stuck in her pant leg (don't ask me how I thought that had happened), so when I changed her diaper I looked, but still no sock. I plopped her down on the ground to look some more (it was a good sock and I was determined to figure out what the heck had happened to it!).

Sam with one sock -


Well, suddenly I saw the sock! Laying on the floor next to the rocking chair. Do you see it down there in the right hand corner? Now I want you to notice how FAR AWAY from her crib that is. How did a five month old throw her sock that far? I didn't even know she could pull off her own socks yet! She's a genius...and really strong!


Post #2
Title: I think I need a 12 step program.

Hello. My name is Abbie and I have a problem with dressing my daughter in clothes that are too small. I confirmed my sister's suspicions that I had this problem today as I was going through Sam's clothes. I opened up and went through two boxes of clothes, the next two sizes up. I found some really cute stuff and on a whim today I decided to try on one of the 12 month sized outfits. Well, guess what? IT FIT!! I mean, not like huge on her but cute, no it actually fit! What does that mean about the 3-6 month clothes that she had been wearing (she had pants on that size this weekend!)? Aunt Jojo has been telling me that I put Sam in clothes that are too tight but until today I don't think I really believed her. I was wrong, she should at least be in 6-9 months clothes right now and probably 6 - 12 months sized clothes. Maybe I just loved her little, cute, summer clothes so much that I wasn't ready for her to move on; I don't know. But the first step to fixing a problem is to admit that you have one...so this is my confession.

Post #3
Title - I should have helped but it was just too cute!

This is an adorable video of Sam working on her rolling over skills. I am probably a bad mom for not helping her in the end, but she really seemed to want to keep trying and wasn't upset so I just let her keep working on it. Too cute.




Sorry, I couldn't decide which video was cuter so you are getting them both!



Hope you enjoyed the three posts. Chris has Sam all day tomorrow and tomorrow night while I am at a bachelorette party in the Wisconsin Dells; bring on the outlet mall and the beer (such a lady-like combination)!!

No comments: