Wednesday, September 3, 2008

school started today...and my life is RUINED!

*I apologize to the college students that may read this and take offense but today your kind has pissed me off!

Stupid students with their stupid cars, with their stupid annoyed looks and their stupid stares! I hate college students. My life was all figured out, easy really, prior today and now my system and nice life has been thrown all out of whack.

You see...
1) My convenient, one block away, free parking spot has now been taken by stupid students getting to campus for that early morning class. Now I have to drive around looking for an open spot or put money in a meter and pay to park in order to go to work. Sucks.

2) The UWSP campus is quiet during the summer with just a few non-traditional students, faculty and staff lingering around. Those folks that are around would see me walking from my office on campus to the library pushing Sam in the stroller and would smile at her, wave and sometimes even ask me how she was doing. NOW as I walk to the library pushing Sam I get bumped into by students late for class, stared at by students wondering what class I am taking my baby to and surrounded by skinny, too fancy and trendy dressed students making me feel frumpy and old.

3) I use to be able to go to work for job #2 barely putting on real clothes knowing that no one was around in my area of the building and hardly anyone would be at the library to see me. Today I got a rude awakening as my section of the building actually had people in it and the library was packed; the looks I got for my spit up stained jeans and t-shirt and gross pony-tail were priceless!!

4) Taking Sam to the library use to be no big deal. The summer staff knew her, loved it when I brought her in for them to see and would entertain her while I looked up the books that I needed. NOW the smallest peep out of Sam gets rubber-necking annoyed looks from every 20-something sitting at the computers. The staff has changed and stares at me puzzled as I push Sam past them into the reference section. Sam's days at the library may have come to an end.

How had I not anticipated these changes? It had not even crossed my mind that students would be back soon and taking Sam to work for job #2 might become difficult. This sucks!

And right now I am hating college students!!

I will hopefully be back later with happier comments on an awesome weekend with Grandma and Pawpaw, pictures and if Sam cooperates a new fun video.

No comments: