Wednesday, August 27, 2008

i needed to cut the grass

An afternoon of no napping, not wanting to eat and just overall fussiness left me counting the minutes till Chris came home. He had to work late today, which means he stayed until 4:30 (I know rough schedule right...he is normally home by 3:30) and by 4:15 I just need to hand off the parenting duties. So when Chris came home and said that the lawn needed to be cut and he would head out to do that I said "No, no you do not need to cut the lawn. You need to be dad and I will go cut the lawn." Can you believe that dirty, sweaty, manual labor was actually more appealing than being with my daughter? Bad mother or not I had reached my limit of tears, spit up and drool; I needed to cut the grass. The lawn looks good by the way and Sam's mood of course changed when she saw Chris and they had fun playing together; everyone won.

I am so excited that my mom and dad are coming to town this weekend. It is amazing how much I can miss my family even though I just saw them a couple of weeks ago. Those of you that have in town family I hope you know how lucky you are. I hope you are so grateful for every family dinner, every shopping trip, every favor, every bit of free babysitting, every moment. Because some days, days like this afternoon, I would give my right arm to be able to drive to my mom's house or my sister's house and have someone else that can help with Sam, someone else to talk to in person that loves me no matter what. Even an hour away, I think I would at least give my left hand to be within an hour of family members. Okay, I know I am exaggerating but it is just so hard sometimes to be away; missing the good days and the bad days, it is hard to be away. Anyway, having my parents come is awesome and I cannot wait.

And, here are a few photos from tonight. Aunt Jojo requested a few new shots so I got Sam to cooperate right before bedtime. Pretty cute.

No comments: