Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sam's hair and an update

I don't consider myself to be too much of a hypochondriac, paranoid mother but Wednesday I entered that category. I have been worrying about the shape of Sam's head, her flat spots (yes there are more than one) and a slight lump. So I called the doctor, got her in the next day and Wednesday we went to the pediatrician to have her tell me that she is fine! The doctor also said that she thought is was mostly Sam's hair cut that made her head look so flat in the back and on the side. That statement led me to today's drastic design...our nanny gave Sam a REAL haircut. Not just the back or bangs but ALL of it! Here are a few before pictures (just recent pictures that show off the very long hair) and the post pictures from today.
Pre-haircut photos - Notice the long hair in the back and extremely long side burn hair.


Post haircut photos!


In this one I know it looks like she missed a piece in the back but its just the way that one piece is laying; trust me I have looked!
So, its a bit boyish looking in these pictures but PLEASE TRUST ME it is so much cuter now than it was before and will stay out of her eyes now which is good.

The other news in our life is that she is officially rolling over! We still can't roll from her stomach to her back but she is rolling from back to stomach (isn't that reverse order from the way they are suppose to learn?). I discovered her ability to roll over today when three times she rolled over in her crib while she was suppose to be napping, got stuck on her stomach, started wailing out of frustration and I had to come to her rescue. What do you do when they are suppose to be sleeping but just constantly roll over? Do you let them cry until they fall asleep on their stomach? Do you constantly flip them back over? This is a bizarre new situation. But I am excited at her growing strength and mobility.

No comments: