Monday, August 30, 2010

no more baby

The baby gear is slowly disappearing from this house.

This weekend we cleaned out a lot of baby stuff. We cleared out some shelves in the basement and started carrying down all the things that Avery is no longer using.

2 baby bouncy seats
giant play mat
boppy
bumbo seat and tray
infant carrier car seat
carrier car seat inserts, winter covers
baby sleeping positioners
breast pump and feeding stuff
2 big bins of baby clothes

That is a lot of stuff that she is already done with. And I think the excersaucer and jumperoo are not too far behind!

I am both happy and sad to see this stuff "leave" our house (its not really gone, but since I don't have to look at it everyday I consider it gone). Happy because there is less baby gear sitting around to deal with and new stages of growth are always fun. Sad because my baby is growing up WAY TOO FAST!

She blew Chris and I away the other night when, without warning or any struggles, she grabbed a hold of the coffee table and pulled herself right up to a standing position. She continued to stand there grabbing things on the table, reaching for things and trying to move around the table. We thought she might just take off walking around the table at any second; but she didn't.

Walking cannot be this soon. I am NOT ready for that.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I know what you mean! Kellan only has an inch to go and he's out of the infant seat (though I'm ready, I'm sort of done hauling that thing around...good arm workout though). He started pulling himself up 2-3 weeks ago! I predict he'll be walking by 9 months at this rate. Even though I'm not ready for him to be growing up so fast. I can tell he's so much happier being able to pull himself up and get to new levels.