Thursday, August 20, 2009

Family visits

We took a week away from house selling life and went to visit both grandparents and Aunt Jojo, Uncle Chris, Bailey, Parker and Grayson. In theory it was a great idea and was perfect timing for me, however for all the families it was HORRIBLE timing! Now I don't imagine any of them would actually say that or even agree with me but I still feel like we invaded their space at a really unfortunate time. Nana and Grandpa were heading for a two week vacation to Hawaii just two days after we left them. I am sure they could have used the weekend we were there to clean, pack and get themselves organized. And my family arrived back in St. Louis less than 12 hours before we arrived in St. Louis from their week long vacation in Florida. They all had just a bit of catching up to do the week while we were there and I am sure they could have used more time to recooperate, do laundry and catch up on work. But both visits were wonderful and we are thankful that even with the bad timing we were welcome to come to both places.

So, family visit number one - Nana and Grandpa!
We went to a great live concert at a winery, went to the zoo, Chris and Grandpa played golf and we saw several parks.




Sam REALLY enjoyed the concert at the winery! HA!And the trip to the Bloomington Zoo was so fun until Sam got scared by the loud noises of the California Sea Lions.
This is me trying to get Sam to pet the pot-bellied pig.
She did enjoy petting the pygmy goats!
And wasn't at all afraid of the big goats.




Family visit number two - Grandma, Papa, Aunt Jojo, Uncle Chris and the cousins! Unfortunately with so many kids running around all the time I didn't get my camera out as much as I would have liked to. But here is the few that I did get.
A trip to the St. Louis Magic House.

Grayson playing at the water table. Bailey was the only one big enough to get to explore the climbing stuff.
She is a musical genius!
All four cousins!
And a trip with Grandma to the park. Just all the little girls.

This would have been such a great picture, if I were a better photographer!
And one last one of my nieces climbing. Okay, so there is the missing week when we were away from the blog! Not many pictures that are acually any good but at least I have something to show for our time away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute - and you did a great job with the pictures. One question, did you plan their outfits at the magic house, because they match perfectly with the musical chairs!! :)

Love ya! ~Tracy