Monday, August 17, 2009

pity party

Today I wanted a pity party, okay really I wanted a pity festival complete with a parade! I wanted someone to hold my hand and feel sorry for me that my life is so hard, miserable and unfair right now. Sam has a fever, isn't sleeping, I'm nauseous with a headache, Chris left again this morning at 5:00am for the week, we still have not had anyone really interested in buying our house and I woke up this morning with a rash on my ring finger (when I was pregnant with Sam I became allergic to my wedding ring and apparently it is happening again! DAMN!). I want someone to think all of these things compiled together are as unfair and awful as I do.
But what I really need is a reality check. Normally I count on my sister to do this for me but today I was grown up enough to do it myself. Yes, Sam is sick with something. She has a fever, had an awful night last night and has been pretty fussy all day. But if it lasts one more night/day I will call the doctor and it will get better. I can handle a sick kid.
Of course I am nauseous and not feeling great...I AM PREGNANT! One bad day of pregnancy when most of the time I don't have any real symptoms that are that difficult is not something that I should be complaining about. Suck it up Abbie!
Chris left...well he will be back on Wednesday this week so it is a shorter week and while being apart is not fun I know we will survive this. Wednesday night will be here before I know it.
Our house has only really been listed for four weeks...that is not that long. We just need to be patient. It is hard but we just need to give this whole selling our house thing some time. It will happen.
And the ring thing...well, whatever, so I can't wear my wedding ring. There are certainly worse pregnant side effects that I could be having.

So, that is what is going on right now. I have been away for quite awhile because Sam, Chris and I went to visit family, both families! I have some pictures and stories to tell but that would require that I had found the camera, which would require me to have unpacked. I didn't make it that far today. I was too busy talking myself out of the woe-is-me mood that I was in. But I promise tomorrow I will get some pictures from our trip up.

Hope you had a better Monday than I did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come back home and I will hold your hand and tell you it is all going to be OK, I miss you already! I had to work today, you and Sam are a lot more fun!! Hang in there, you are tough.
Love
mom

Katie said...

Im so proud of you for being such a big girl, Abs! Besides, imagine if you had woken up this morning and found that you were perfectly tolerant of your wedding ring but your finger and swollen up to the size of a bratwurst and you not longer FIT into it. Wouldnt that have been much worse?

Take a tip from me and put it in the safe until that baby pops out.