Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the things on my mind

I am not equipped to take care of our lawn.
I can do work, Sam, the house and all that goes with trying to sell this house but the lawn, nope. We are headed out of town this weekend and will be gone all next week which meant that I needed to cut the lawn today and then find someone that would cut it for me next week. Finding someone was not a problem but me cutting the lawn...good grief. I could barely get the stupid lawn mower started, couldn't remember what all the different bars, buttons and levers did, and you wouldn't believe the issues that I had once I got the thing started. I ran into the mailbox almost taking it out, pinched my finger (I may lose that finger nail!), scratched my legs up pretty good because I got a little too close to certain trees and shrubs, ran over several roots that made it seem like I was going to break the lawn mower and got the lawn mower stuck on a decorative stone of our neighbors. Not to mention that because I don't know how to make those nice lines like you see on golf courses (and in our front yard when my husband cuts the grass) I kept loosing track of where I was, cut the same grass over and over again and I am sure that there are spots I completely missed. So I have made the decision that the lawn is just not my job. Once I am back in town and Chris is coming here for the weekend he will be back to taking care of the lawn.

Someone needs to invent a delivery service that caters just to pregnant women. I was talking to my friend Traci tonight and she mentioned having a root beer float and MAN DID I SUDDENLY WANT ONE! When we got off the phone I ran down to the fridge to see if I had happened to not drink all of my root beer yet (I do keep it in the house when I am pregnant as a de-caf option) but of course there was none left. My mind began racing on how in the world I could get one root beer. With Chris not here and Sam already in bed I was screwed. No root beer float for me. But if there was a delivery company that I could call, send to the store and then have them deliver what I wanted that would be perfect. Maybe it doesn't even have to be for pregnant moms but single moms too! I am sure single moms run into this problem all the time. Seriously people, this could be a gold mind! My sister once had her pizza delivery guy (she has a very close connection to the pizza place that she loves!) buy and bring her milk! But for now I am stuck with no root beer. Darn.

No comments: