Sunday, May 3, 2009

she is perfect to strangers

I think we have a pretty bizarre child. Is that mean to say? I don't know, but there are just some things about her that are too funny. So, I give you...
THE UPDATE ON ALL THINGS SAM!

She is just over 13 months old.
She is wearing 24 month/2T clothes. This is one thing that I think is weird...why put months to the sizes if no kid actually wears the size that corresponds to the age that they are? Or is my child just HUGE?
She has had seven haircuts; four that were her whole head and three just trimming her bangs. The girl has more hair than I do.
She loves books. Doesn't have much interest in sitting in my lap, or letting me read a book to her, but put a stack of books in front of her and she is content to sit and "read" for well over an hour. Too weird.
Next favorite toy - Easter eggs. She loves emptying out baskets of them, pulling them apart and attempting to put them back together, and throwing them all over the room is also fun.
New favorite thing to do - climb ON EVERYTHING. There is not a room in our house that doesn't have something that she will attempt to climb on; couches, windows, tables, stairs, beds, chairs, the list is endless. She has only had a few major falls and has recently mastered getting down out of our bay window which was a huge reflief. This is the window where Polly spends most of her time and Sam now loves hanging out up there with Polly but kept falling down whenever she wanted to get down. I think going to the playground where she can climb a lot increased her love of this type of play.
Most of the time she would much rather play by herself than with me. Does my child not like me? HA! She will sit and play with pretty much any toy on her own, chatting with herself, making herself laugh and just having a great time with no direction or guidance from me. If I try to join her she will easily get bored and move on to something else. Maybe I am just not a good playmate; I don't know.
She chews her blanket. This is her comforting mechanism. She doesn't suck her thumb, need a bottle or a pacifier but she has to have that blanket in her mouth. Recently with the addition of several new teeth she has begun to leave evidence of her chewing on her fingers. Her thumb looks like it has been through a shredder. We think she is wrapping the blanket around her fingers and then shoving those fingers in her mouth. All I know is that she will most likely have scars on her thumb because I cannot get the cuts to heal and each morning they are bleeding again. She doesn't seem to mind it. Weird.
She throws silent tantrums. Right now when she gets really mad at me she will throw herself to the floor, put her head down and lay there. She doesn't say a word or make a noise. She just lays there. After a few seconds she looks up at me with this "Are you watching me? Do you see how mad I am at you?" kind of look on her face. I know that very soon screaming will probably be added to this display so right now I am enjoying the silent version. But this is weird; very weird.
Okay, I am sure there is more to tell but I think that is enough for now.

Sam and I are enjoying a lazy morning at home while Chris is at work studying. His exam number seven is a week from tomorrow and so we are in full stress/anxious/ready to get it over with mode. This is a HUGE exam for us because it is Chris's third attempt at this exam and if he doesn't pass he will lose his job at Sentry. We are praying that he passes but have the job recruiter looking for positions for him in other parts of the country just in case! We won't actually know the results of the exam until mid-July but if he doesn't think it went well our job hunt may seriously increase late next week. I really think he is going to do great and we will be fine. Keep those fingers crossed.

Hope you all are having a happy Sunday.

No comments: